Development of 3D Games
Ivan Porkolab, Instructor
Unity UI Cookbook - Francesco Sapio
Unity 5.x Cookbook - Mat Smith
Minimum learning outcomes
- Implement basic UI elements used in 3D games (images, buttons, panels...)
- Implement some of predefined player control systems.
- Design and build simple 3D level using predefined elements.
- Detect collisions and interactions of objects using integrated collision detection systems.
- Implement and configure integrated physical models.
- Use images as textures, use atlases.
- Choose and find premade shaders and materials from the Asset store. Modify those materials and shaders in order to change its visual appearance.
- Setup appropriate lightning on a scene and configure it to achieve desired atmosphere.
- Implement simple permanent storage system.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Implement advanced UI elements used in 3D games (scrollable elements, table views, dynamically generated elements...)
- Define and implement self made player control system.
- Design and build more complex level by combining predefined and custom made elements.
- Implement custom collision detection system and asses where it should be used in place of integrated one in order to achieve performance gain.
- Define and implement custom made physical models and use them both solely and in combination with integrated ones.
- Create bump maps, displacement maps and transparency maps out of textures.
- Build custom materials and shaders and use them on the game elements.
- Cache and bake lightning on objects and use it in game.
- Implement abstract storage system which will be able to store data on disk or remote REST service.