Accessing Data from Program Code
Daniel Bele, Instructor
Mario Žagar, Instructor
Minimum learning outcomes
- Use connected environment to work with data in ADO.NET.
- Use JDBC to work with data in Java applications.
- Use disconnected environment to work with data in ADO.NET.
- Use the Data Access Application Block (DAAB) to access the data in. NET applications.
- Create and apply an XML file to store dana.
- Apply Java ORM tools for data Access.
- Apply Entity Framework for data Access.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Compare the different mechanisms related to connected environment mode in ADO.NET.
- Evaluate justification of use of each mechanism to access data using JDBC in Java applications.
- Evaluate and implement the best way to use the data in a disconnected enviroment mode.
- Evaluate justification of of data access in the database with and without using the DAAB in .NET applications.
- Select appropriate methods for designing and storing data in an XML file.
- Evaluate justification of the use of Java ORM tools compared to other ways of connecting to a database.
- Evaluate justification of the use of the entity framework compared to other ways of connecting to a database.