Msc Mario Fabijanić, Lecturer
Zlatko Stanić, Instructor
2. Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database (2779)
2. M. Gunderloy, Joreden: SQL server 2000, Sybex Inc., 2000.
Minimum learning outcomes
- Install and configure SQL Server instance according to requirements.
- Set database files size and growth, their physical location and amount of free space - both initially when creating database, as well as later when database is working.
- Set suitable permissions to access SQL Server instance, databases and database objects according to requirements.
- Perform backups and recovery of SQL Server databases.
- Use built-in tools to monitor SQL Server database server performance and automate the most common administrative tasks.
- Solve storing preferred credentials with Enterprise Manager Database Control Manage console process for Enterprise Manager Database Control Connect to Enterprise Manager Database Control console.
- Navigate to Net Services Administration page in Enterprise Manager. Managing listener process with Listener Control Utility. Managing Oracle instance status with Enterprise Manager.
- Identify storage structures in Oracle database. Create and modify tablespace. Managing database users:creating, modifying attributes, unlocking account, resetting password and granting privileges.
- Managing database tables, indexes and views: creating, modifying and dropping. Configuring backup settings and flash recovery area. Perform whole database backup and Oracle suggested backup. Managing flashback table and flashback drop.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Install SQL Server Reporting Services component. Upgrade SQL Server instance.
- Solve the problem when database stops because of lack of space.
- Enable users from one SQL Server instance to access databases and database objects on another instance.
- Recommend a suitable backup strategy for a SQL Server database according to customer's requirement regarding recovery point and recovery time.
- Figure out whether a SQL query can execute faster by creating an indeks.
- Managing administrative privileges in Enterprise Manager Database Control. Managing blackout periods in Enterprise Manager Database Control.
- Create Local Naming configuration with Net Manager. Create Local Naming configuration with Enterprise Manager. Determine values of initialization parameters using Enterprise Manager. Manage database memory parameters.
- Multiplexing redo log files. Managing undo structures in database. Managing roles: creating and granting.
- Loading dana from external sources into the database. Performing database restore and recovery. Manage database backups.