Administration of Operating Systems
Zlatan Morić, Lecturer
Aleksandar Zlatović, Instructor
Minimum learning outcomes
- Define terms related to server operating systems (permisions, disk type, partition type, command line commands ...)
- Define terms related to Active Directory (permissions, domain, forest, group, users, computers ?)
- Define basic functions of Active Directory (sites, global catalog, FSMO roles and so on)
- Define security aspects related to Active Directory (delegating permissions and rights, special user accounts)
- Define dependencies between DNS and AD.
- Define Group Policy settings (security, instalation, managing user interface)
- Define methods of monitoring servers.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Apply accumulated knowledge and tools and understand interactions between different configurations.
- Apply tools and commands successfully and implement Active Directory with understanding of its inner workings.
- Implement sites, global catalog and FSMO roles.
- Implement secure and resilient Active Directory infrastructure with minimal administrative effort.
- Properly implement DNS in AD infrastructure.
- Apply advanced GP settings in AD to reach higher security and automation levels.
- Apply built in tools to monitor servers and increse redundancy of services.