Advanced Administration of Open Source Operating Systems
Jasmin Redžepagić, Instructor
Minimum learning outcomes
- Network security basics. SELinux basics.
- Basics of alternative and network filesystems. Remote GUI administration. Basics of Linux virtualization.
- Familiarization with most common comands often used in shell scripting and analisys by using advanced regex's.
- Service logs and structures, installing and configuring advanced monitoring systems.
- LDAP client configuration. Basic mail subsystem configuration.
- Basics of advanced web-server configuration for web hosting.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Configure advanced network and security settings (SeLinux).
- Configuration of advanced filesystems (iSCSI, ZFS). Integration with other systems. Basics of Linux virtualization.
- Independent creation of shell scripts that will be able to perform multiple commands and configuration. Advanced regex's and using them to search and replace text by using external commands and text editors.
- Installing and configuring advanced monitoring systems for a number of servers. Apply these systems in heterogenous environments.
- LDAP client configuration (Kerberos, LDAP authentification), and integrating with Windows environment. Mail server installation and configuration, with spam filter, antivirus and certificates.
- Advanced web server configuration. SSL certificates generation and installation. Redundant databases for web applications.