Probability and statistics
Iva Golubić, Lecturer
Ivan Nađ, Instructor
Minimum learning outcomes
- To adopt the basic combinatorial notions and rules. To calculate the probability in the classical probability space.
- To determine the conditional probability of an event.
- To determine basic numerical characteristics of a given discrete random variable. To evaluate numerical caracteristics of some continuous random variables, especially the normal and exponential random variables.
- To calculate the basic quantities for given discrete statistical dana.
Preferred learning outcomes
- To recognize the corresponding structures in enumerative combinatorics. To calculate the probability in some infinite probability spaces.
- To apply conditional probability when using total probability rule and the Bayes rule .
- To determine the law of distribution of a random variable in the corresponding problem. To apply important properties of binomial, Poisson, normal and exponential random variables in solving some problems.
- To calculate some quantities for given continuous statistical dana.