Security of Information Systems 1
Robert Petrunić, Lecturer
2. Peltier R.T., Information Security Risk Analysis, Auerbach, CRC press, 2000.
3. International IT Governance: An Executive Guide to ISO 17799/ISO 27001 by Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, 2006.
4. Security in Computing, Charles P. Pfleger, Prentice Hall, 1997.
Minimum learning outcomes
- Determine the fundamentals of legislation for information security.
- Determine the basics of ISO 27001 standard.
- Evaluate different asymmetric and symmetric cryptographic algorithms and compression algorithms.
- Determine methods for vulnerability management processes, Web application security and methods for managing log records.
- Determine the category of malicious programs and techniques for their use, systems for detecting and preventing unauthorized user activity, firewalls.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Evaluate the importance of the legal framework for information security in the Republic of Croatia.
- Evaluate basic methods of risk management.
- Evaluate the importance of public key infrastructure in the application of cryptography.
- Evaluate the importance of penetration testing and usage of SIEM system.
- Evaluate the applicability of innovative mechanisms of protection against malicious programs and unauthorized user activity.